1. When I was younger I wanted to be a professional dancer, however this dream was brutally crushed when at the age of 17 I slipped a disc in my spine.
2. I have a Certificate of Higher Education (1/3rd of a degree) in History of Art. After a year of studying the discipline I decided it wasn’t for me and changed courses to English Language, which I am currently studying at the University of Manchester.
3. When I graduate I plan on pursuing a career in writing and am gaining experience in journalism by writing for both the local and national branches of student publication The Tab.
4. I have a minor obsession with designer fashion and luxury brands, so much so that I saved 3 years worth of lunch money whilst at school in order to buy my first designer handbag, a Louis Vuitton Speedy. My next planned purchase will be a pair of Miu Miu satin espadrilles.
5. Aside from university accomodation, I have lived in the same house in the same village in West Lancashire my whole life. Despite this I consider myself to be a a city girl and thrive in the hustle and bustle of it all.
6. I’m intolerant to egg, a fact I like to conveniently forget about when pancakes are on offer then soon after regret.
7. I can recite Amy Heckerling’s Clueless (1995) word-for-word and its main character, Cher Horowitz, is a major influence when it comes to my hair and beauty choices.
8. I have a large scar on my lower back from falling off a chair at a birthday party when I was a young child.
9. Amongst the experiences on my bucket list are trekking the Inca trail, interailling around Europe and visiting the home of Frida Kahlo.
10. I love skiing. I didn’t learn how to ski until I was 19 and have very little natural ability in the sport but something about being in the mountains feels so right and I want to continue learning and improving and spending my time in the snow.
Peace and love, Bec